Well, after testing out the new Milani Fierce Foil Eyeshadows, I have my final thoughts to share with you today.
First off, lets look at a couple pics. Nothing fancy :). Here I am wearing the quad Milan. I am using an eye primer on the LEFT eye in the pictures. No primer used on the RIGHT.
- There is a rubbery eyeshadow brush with the quad. It’s kind of like a spatula :). I had no use for it. It picked up product in chunks, then made it difficult to apply. It’s been tossed in the garbage.
- Best applied with your fingers. But, for the love of all things, HAVE A MAKEUP WIPE available to wipe your finger clean, for if not, you will have sparkle ALL OVER THE PLACE!
- It is very pigmented and looks beautiful. Unfortunately, with bad lightening, it is hard to appreciate that in the pic.
- It does blend nicely into your crease etc.
- Applies easier with a primer. Almost as though it allows the shadows to “catch” onto something.
Wear & Longevity:
- These shadows CREASE. I really, really was hoping that they wouldn’t, but they did crease both with and without a primer applied.
- They started to crease within an hour of wear. It seamed to crease more on the eye with a primer used, interestingly enough.
- Within a few hours I noticed that on the eye without primer used, I had fallout around my eye, with a sparkly mess under and around my eye. Not cool! Unfortunatley, my camera didn’t pic it up, but trust me it was there!
- As beautiful and pigmented as these shadows swatch, they fade and loose their intensity because of creasing and fallout. It’s almost as though I needed to re-apply like I would a lipstick.
- Your eyelids feel wet and sticky.
Here are a few pics of my eyes after 2 hours of wear. Again, a primer was used on the LEFT eye:
I really, really wanted to like these shadows. I had such high hopes for them. They swatch beautifully, the colours are gorgeous…..but once on the eyelids, they just don’t work. I haven’t ever used foiled eyeshadows, so perhaps this is a common issue. With a price tag of 9.99 to 12.99 US, I don’t feel as though they’re worth getting. Unless of course you just want to stare at the pretties 🙂
How do you feel? Have you tried them?